For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic The End Has Come Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By arlenecram On 2011.07.20 22:53
It is with great sadness that I post this last post. My husband of 38 years died last week, after having parkinsons for only 6 years. As a result from a fall he developed a brain bleed and then pneumonia and blood clots. After 2 weeks in the hospital I brought him home to die the next morning. He was a strong christian man to the end and I thank God for the time I had with him.The hard part was not the time spent caring for him but the time now, trying to go on with my life. Hug your PD loved one---time is so short--and it might be your last time......

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.07.20 23:35
arlene, My thoughts and prayers are with You in this troubled and dark time. My G-d's Angels light your way, may You find comfort in their touch and warmth as they embrace You protecting You. Laugh when you can, cry when you must and take time to heal. Sincerely Al.

By Harriet On 2011.07.21 00:06
Arlene, please know that I am thinking and praying for you a this sad time. May God grant you peace and comfort.

By plcpainter On 2011.07.21 00:38
Dear Arlene --
Your loss is all of our loss...no man is an island unto himself. If a clod of earth falls from the continent the continent is less for the loss. Please continue to post and help us learn about the post caregiver journey. JockDock has such wisdom in his posts as time enriches his experiences. Sending you my very warmest thoughts and prayers for you and your husband.
My best,
Pat

By jockdoc On 2011.07.21 07:22
Dear Arlene, Please know today you do not walk alone. As one who has been there I only have a hint of what you are feeling today. My heart goes out to you. Jock Doc

By poppadum On 2011.07.21 08:14
Dear Arlene, suffering concerned, your husband has gone to a better place. He was called, because he wouldn't have left you of his own free will.
Because of the PD our loved ones take up a greater space in our lives (and our hearts) than healthy people do. The mourning therefore may be more intense although at first administration and paperwork may take up a lot of your time.
You may have a lot of contact with people to begin with, but as time goes by, some of them will become frightened to speak your husband's name for fear of hurting you or for not knowing how to handle the situation. They can't help it. They don't know any better.
When my father died, Mum and Sis went into 'zombie' mode. Because of all the organization and the legal stuff involved I couldn't cry for 2 months. Then it hit me hard but it's given me the chance to understand other people in a similar situation better.
Allow yourself time and feelings. 'Talk' to us when you feel the need.
I wish you peace in your heart.

By caregivermary On 2011.07.21 12:24
Arlene,

My thoughts are with you at this time. Now is the time for rest and reflection. I do wish you peace.

By abp0822 On 2011.07.21 16:14
I'm so sorry for your loss. Stay around - there are many (like Jock Doc) who have been in your shoes and will have comfort and sympathy for you.

By karolinakitty On 2011.07.21 21:22
Arlene, SO sorry to hear of your loss, know that you are still in our thoughts and prayers. He fought a courageous battle..as so did you..... You have our sympathy....

By shirley On 2011.07.22 20:20
Arlene, So very sorry to hear that you have lost your husband. Your loss is heaven's gain and now you have an angel watching over you. May you find peace and healing. My prayers are with you and your family.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you