For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic too weak to take care of himself Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By frisco12 On 2011.07.21 15:11
For the past couple of weeks, my FIL has been too weak to take care of himself. Barely dresses, bathes, or even stays out of bed for more than an hour at a time. He doesn't even want to try walking except to the bathroom and back to his chair. Maybe 15 feet. Today, we took him to outpatients thinking there must be something else going on besides Parkinson's. He had lots of blood work, urinalysis, EKG, test for heart failure,and chest x-rays. Everything came back perfect. He seems to be healthy as I am. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing his feebleness?

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.07.21 15:49
Frisco, First thought I have is do His med's need tweeking? Has He seen His Neurologist lately? Many times Parkinson's "the elephant" in the room everyone sees but tries to ignore without luck can get ignored. Or because Parkinson's Disease is a constant, always there when something else goes wrong We don't even think first about the Parkinson's We ask What is going on or what's wrong now? Well for what it's worth that is my first though. Hope you get it sorted out quickly! Please keep Us posted. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By frisco12 On 2011.07.21 16:30
He actually does have an appt. tomorrow and the outpatient dr. also suggested that his meds could be causing a problem. For Parkinson's he is only on 2 carb/levo 25-100mg 3 times daily. The only other things he is on is Finesteride, Plavix, diazepam..1/2 of 2mg. pill 3 times daily, and a very mild antidepressant. Hopefully, the dr. can shed some light. I've learned not to put too much hope in drs. sharing info though.
It does seem like FIL does much better when other people are around or when he goes out in public. Yesterday, he could barely get out of bed. Today he seemed almost normal. Frustrating.
Thanks for your input. It sounds reasonable to me and I will talk to dr. about it tomorrow

By oshroshr On 2011.07.21 21:01
My husband has on and off days also and sometimes several in a row.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you