For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Unexpected blindside of YOPD! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.08.15 00:28
Okay...here's one I never saw coming! Here is something that never crossed My mind, I got a letter Saturday in the mail from My primary care doctor. Informing Me He is retiring! Nothing was said a little over a month ago where he saw me but that's it, he's retiring, find a new doctor (pick one of his partner's or someone else) and if you do pick a partner when a new doctor is hired or nurse practitioner you will become their patient period! Needless to say I've got years invested in teaching this doctor the ins and outs of Parkinson's disease! He's been my doctor from before I was diagnosed! He's been my doctor for over 30 years! So I start a new chapter in my medical care! I'll keep you posted on how it goes! Something for Us YOPD patients to consider!

By karolinakitty On 2011.08.15 07:49
My guy told our LPN, he'll hunt her down...she's not allowed to leave, retire or move....or he will hunt her down....lol

By Blaze On 2011.11.01 13:54
Our Doc just up and left earlier this year. One of our sons had gone in to see him so that's how we found out. Talk about annoying! We now see his replacement, but she's only here for a year. Who knows who'll be next. A shame, really, as the doc that's here now is really nice.

DH isn't much for seeing doctors. It's a struggle getting him in there. And he won't take the medication anyway. *rolling eyes*

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you