For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic weather Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LotsaBob On 2011.08.28 19:51
I hope everybody on the East Coast made out okay with "IRENE" this weekend.
It's calm and 103 outside right now here in Redding Ca.

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.08.28 23:55
Fine here Bob, 55 degrees and a nice brisk breeze :) Wasn't really that bad here, lots of rain but no strong gale force winds. Rivers are high and some parts of town flooded. A few families had to evacuate but nothing in My neighborhood. No injuries reported in town. Surrounding areas were reporting worse flooding. We were lucky here in the Northern Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, Irene came, rolled right over Us but She was kind in Her brief visit. I hope others fared as well!

By karolinakitty On 2011.08.29 08:19
DId good here in SC Bob....some wind and rain, but, we get worse in our typical afternoon storms...I think our highest gust was around 40mph..we can get up to 60 and more in thunderstorms..we were prepared for the worse but got the best..we were some of the lucky ones...There were trees down in Myrtle, some beach erosion and downtown Charleston was flooded for a bit but all is ok...Now we have another one heading west should get our(USA) way in a week....

By susger8 On 2011.08.30 11:22
Currently power outages, flooding and downed trees are still making things difficult here. Fortunately the power went back on at my dad's place after being out for a day and a half. At my house we are at three days and counting. We can cope, but for a while I was tearing my hair out trying to think of a safe place to take Dad.

Sue

By LotsaBob On 2011.08.31 09:29
susger8, yeah, I understand the outages. I have a friend of mine from the navy that lives in NJ. He said monday that the power will be out until Sept. 4th. So hang in there.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you