For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Life Without My PD spouse Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By arlenecram On 2011.09.11 22:08
I just wanted to put a note on here.My husband had Parkinsons for 5 years---and it was beginning to get rough. He was in the hospital constantly and I was running to the hospital, taking care of him when he was at home and running a daycare out of my home. In July he died of a brain bleed from a fall, pneumonia and blood clots. It was hard to take care of him-----but harder being without him after being married for 38 years. It has now been two months--and I miss him so much!
I guess my advice is this----give that PD loved one extra hugs and kisses-----because all too soon you will be without them----and that hurts!!!!

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.09.11 23:13
arlenecram, My sincere condolences to You and your family upon Your loss. This disease just takes and takes. I hate this disease and I hate having to express so many condolences because of it. I don't hate reaching out trying to give comfort to others just the fact that the disease keeps taking friends. My sincere hope is G-d will watch over you and yours and guide you through these times ahead. Laugh when you can, cry when you must and take time to heal my friend. sincerely Al.

By karolinakitty On 2011.09.12 08:01
arlene...I pray for your heart to have peace without him...
I have a signature at the bottom of my emails: Life is Precious; Cherish every Moment. I live by this for I know, there is that chance tomorrow I could wake up without my guy beside me, and i too know, that my life will be empty without him....

By parkinit On 2011.09.13 00:43
arlene -

I'm sorry for your loss. I've been trying to do this more - just walking up and kissing my spouse for no reason, giving him an unexpected hug, just a touch throughout the day. I just want him to know he is on my mind and that I care. It is a tough disease on all of us, but especially the one who has it - we can't forget that.

By gap2010 On 2011.09.13 22:53
arlenecram, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the reminder that time is short and we sometimes take it for granted. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you