For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Medications Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Marie On 2011.11.04 10:34
My husband has never been able to tolerate any of the Parkinsons meds. He lost his eye sight for a while because of one of them and now won't try any again, and I sure can't blame him. He takes a lot of heart meds, maybe that is why he can't tolerate any Parkinsons meds. I was just wondering what help these medications really give? After reading a lot of posts, everyone seams to have a lot of trouble with them, What good do they do?

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.11.04 14:27
Marie, Without any medication I'd probably have died years ago, yes , there are a lot of side effects with most. Some can develop over time, others right away but as this disease progresses it interferes with the whole system including our autonomic nervous system which controls the functions we do without thinking about doing like breathing, blood pressure, making our heart beat, sight, reflexes just everything. Without the medicine to help plug the gaps to complete the circuit these systems falter and fail and We're gone. So I guess in answer to Your question as to what good do these medicines do? For better or worse they keep Us alive.

By karolinakitty On 2011.11.04 21:22
ditto what LO said.....

My guy hasn't completely lost his sight..but he's close... plus his eye lids are closing and won't open any farther than they currently are....He has been on dopamine agonists and just started the sinemet..with him.. the sinemet at this time is working good....a month or two or three down the line...it might be different.. it is the question of lesser of the evils when dealing with both the meds and the disease....
Sometimes you have to give the med more time than you think to actually work for you...

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you