For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic thank you for this forum Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jules On 2011.12.01 01:04
I spent the evening with my dad at the rehab nursing home. Tomorrow he was to come home with me. He died 30 minutes after I left.

Thank you to everyone who has been my support while I played catch up with this awful disease. I know you don't die from Parkinson's. My dad died from a broken heart.

By sunshine On 2011.12.01 01:37
Dear Jules
I am very sorry to hear of your father's passing. May all the good memories of your times with your father help ease your sorrow and help you to cherish the beautiful relationship you had together. He is at peace now and resting, no longer struggling with the Parkinsons. He knew you were there for him and will always be around you now. It is difficult to lose your Dad, they are such a special part of a daughter's life. It is a special gift to be able to give them care, in whatever capacity you can, while they are with you. He knows that you did your very best, as we do here as well. Be kind to yourself and take time to nurture back your strength.
A big warm hug for peace and comfort in the coming days.

By susger8 On 2011.12.01 07:52
Jules, I'm so sorry. I wish you peace.

Sue

By Michele On 2011.12.01 15:38
Jules, I wish you peace. You did all the right things. Hugs to you.

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.12.01 16:07
My sincere condolences, in the times ahead laugh when you can, cry when you must and take time to heal. Sincerely, Al

By parkinit On 2011.12.01 19:56
Jules -

It has been quite evident the love you have for your dad. Your desire to take care of him shined with love and compassion. We know this is a difficult time for you and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you