For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic rating with the VA Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LotsaBob On 2011.12.17 13:59
Received a 100% rating from the VA this morning via e-benefits. Good news for my family bad news for me. I'll learn to live with it though.

By gap2010 On 2011.12.17 19:17
My husband was in the US Coast Guard for 14 years and exposed to many toxins through paint strippers, paints, etc. Would this be a possibility for him to get benefits as well do you think? If you don't mind me asking, what was the determining cause for you to receive benefits? Any information/advice is truly appreciated! He got out after 14 years.

By LotsaBob On 2011.12.17 21:52
gap2010: My disabilities are DM II, IHD, PD and ED. All due to "Agent Orange" while I was in Vietnam. These are all service connected disabilities.

As far as your husband is concerned, I can't say for sure but some of the solvents might be allowed for disabilities. You should contact your nearest Veterans Service Officer (VSO). He/She might be able to help you. I wish you luck. It could take some time. The Coast Guard was also in Vietnam, so if your husband was there all he has to do is prove "Boots on the ground."

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you