For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic To know or not to know Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By poppadum On 2012.01.04 19:03
My hobbies are helping schoolchildren with learning difficulties and making people smile. Up until a few years ago I enjoyed those hobbies because it made me feel like I still made a difference in spite of having hit the big six oh and receiving my free buss pass.
Today those hobbies have become my lifeline.
I teach the way I wanted to be taught myself but wasn't, with exception of 1 or 2 teachers over the years.
While going through the lesson material I watch the body language of the child to make sure I have explained things clearly. And I can explain it and write it down in properly in four languages, and a bit less than properly in a couple of others.

My (self-inflicted) hobbies and the facts that I'm at present also a PDP carer, a carer for my elderly mother, a carer for a handicapped son and having adopted a homesick Vietnamese family with 2 small children, keep me from feeling that I'm falling apart at the seams myself.
The alternative is that I get plenty more home help, suffer on the couch and feel sorry for myself. However, then I'd have all the time in the world to review my postings carefully and make them totally psychologically responsible rather than straight from thought so as not to upset people who consider this forum solely their property, hey LOH? Better check your meds because some of them can cause a craving for attention (no joke intended!).

I don't need this so I'm joining Karolinakitty.
That's another one down on attention givers.

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.01.04 19:41
poppadum, I'm sorry you feel that way. I have opinions and will advocate for my fellow Parkinson's Patients. As has been said here We can agree to disagree. No harm no foul. Attention getting? Maybe? You could be right but I will continue to give voice to fellow Patients for as long as I am able and would hope that other patients will step in the gap when I can't. If you took that post as a personal attack I stated it wasn't singling out anyone! Unlike informing me, LOH you better check your meds. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you