For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic A must have for hospital stays Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By karolinakitty On 2012.01.21 09:24
Another Parkie friend of ours shared this with us this morning...a great kit for hospitals......ans it's free..caregivers can order....i did...

http://www.parkinson.org/Improving-Care/Education/Education--For-Patients/Aware-in-Care

By gap2010 On 2012.01.21 19:08
thanks KK. Ordered one today!

By packerman On 2012.01.23 15:49
thanks! you're a wealth of information!
Pat

By parkinit On 2012.02.07 22:13
Thanks for the info.

By rmshea On 2012.02.08 17:50
Ordered one too...thanks so much..just went through the nightmare of a hospital stay and now rehab. They just don't 'get it' do they? sigh.

By karolinakitty On 2012.02.15 14:49
I got our hospital kit today in the mail...What a great kit.....

If you haven't sent for one yet...you really need to. It not only helps the medical staff but you too. It has a great pamphlet containing a lot of things most of us have found out the hard way....

I strongly urge you to send away for it..great for those of us who like to hit the road too!!!!!!!

By mylove On 2012.02.15 21:25
I just got ours today, and they are FANTASTIC. There's a pouch big enough to carry most of your meds, filled with hand out sheets for doctors, nurses, etc on PD and common interactions with PD meds, a magnet for their whiteboard, a wallet card explaining that the person has PD and is not drunk, and even a MedicAlert bracelet!

I see in the small print that they were sponsored through the aid of grants. I second the urge to you to send away for one while they last. This is truly a service for the patient, and a well thought out kit.

By karolinakitty On 2012.02.15 21:42
I agree mylove....It was far above what i expected...just love all the little goodies in there!!!!!!

By moonswife On 2012.02.16 03:23
The kit is awesome. After a trip to the ER for "chest pain", which turned out to be "positional" after every test imaginable, we sure appreciated what is in this bag.

To have to say every Rx, every dose, on time (and insist with food when appropriate) is unrealistic in most ERs.

Pack your own parachute. If you need food, always carry it, they don't always offer it, or have it on hand. Take enough water. Leeetle bitty cups does not help a handfull of pills go down easily.

By seawench On 2012.02.16 12:49
We just got our kit yesterday- great idea and organizer. he put his bracelet on right away and I am filling out all the forms. Thanks for the heads up, gonna recommend it to my support group
Seawench

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you