For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Dry eyes... have not seen it posted here Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By megnut On 2012.03.06 11:22
My PDer has severely dry eyes. Was told it was due to her disease. I am surprised to not find this issue posted anywhere here. It is a big complaint of hers. We have tried Restasis, as well as other prescription and non-script drops. We have a humidifier by her side at all times. Now we are trying flaxseed oil after reading that it may help dry eyes. Anyone else have this problem? Would love some tips.

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.03.06 12:16
This problem has been posted here before but not for awhile if you look up older posts you might be able to find it. Others might have more info on this subject. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone has or is dealing with this and will be more helpful.

By susger8 On 2012.03.07 08:04
From what I've read, people with PD tend to blink less frequently, which lessens the spread of tears over the eye and leads to dryness. For my dad I have been using the gel-type artificial tears, which seem to last longer than the regular ones.

Sue

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you