For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic "Mornings Always Get Me Down" Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2012.03.11 11:37
My spouse just mentioned this morning that between his first and second batch of pills in the morning (he takes every 2.5 hours) that he often has a very significant down cycle. He wanted me to check here to see if others with PD have this issue as well.

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.03.11 12:11
parkinit, You didn't say but I'm guessing that He doesn't get up every 2 and 1/2 hours all night to take His med's? So I'd say what is going on is "normal" (if anything with us pder's is normal). When you think about it, at night we go for longer times without our med's so in the morning the first batch doesn't quite have the effect of those later on in the day. As we go throughout the day our level of med's builds back up only to start the cycle the next day. It is just the nature of the beast. Most Doctors figure we don't need med's at night because we're asleep.
Also taking them through the night they'd have to be cut back or risk overdosing so our daily performance would be affected. I hope this helps and makes sense, to a more or lesser degree We all experience this. Doesn't make it any better or easier but at least He'll know He's not alone with this and it's only normal, well as normal as anything can be with this disease. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By plcpainter On 2012.03.11 12:39
The up's and down's of the Rx has been probably the most frustrating part of treating PD for my husband! There never is an even keel no matter how much we have played and adjusted his dosages and the intervals between, he is either scrambling to feel better or starting to fade. We have joked that after his 2nd morning dose he's "good to go" for about an hour! It's a nasty tricky beast of a thing to try and outsmart.

By karolinakitty On 2012.03.11 19:49
parknit..we had this issue too...I did adjust meds and it seemed to help...he was on requip and we switched to requipXL...then we switched from taking the requip in the morning to taking that later in the evening and he is good in the mornings now....

our thinking was that the body is at rest(yeah right) overnight...and the med builds up better....I also timed the Sinemet, now Stalevo...in between to keep a constant flow of something going....and yet he still knows when he is due a dose of something...it seems no matter what there's always a little "off" time.....but at least at night you're not as active

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you