For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Accusations Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By elms On 2012.06.01 21:12
[deleted]

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.06.01 23:47
Hi elms, welcome to the forum. You've found a great place to gain understanding, compassion and just having someone to know how life can become. With things happening so fast for you and your mom I can't help wondering if Her medication needs adjusting. Sometimes too much or some kinds of medicine can cause side-effects that you describe as Her behavior now. This would fit as what you say are "episodes" and last 2 to 3 hours and sometimes longer to calm down. Sounds like the general amount of time some medications peak in our systems. I'd run it by Her Neurologist just to make sure. Other here will have more suggestions and thoughts to help you, again welcome to the forum. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By elms On 2012.06.02 01:04
[deleted]

By rmshea On 2012.06.02 19:41
If she is in last stages, doesn't she qualify for hospice? Hospice service has been commended in many posts on this site.

By karolinakitty On 2012.06.02 22:01
I agree with LO on the meds issue

We lost a few good years with fast progression because of Requip....I even know some who have had the same issue with sinemet they are taking too high a dose and have sorts of issues.......
Call the doc first and try a meds adjustment if not then like suggested...try hospice.....

But really check with the meds first...ALL the meds...if she has other issues besides PD there could be a contradiction of meds....not all meds are PD friendly and sometimes things need adjusted...
Just a for instance...

My guy for the last year has been on the following:
SinemetIR 25/100
amaryl (high sugar)
metformin (high sugar)
diovan (BP)
Lisinopril (BP)
HCTZ (Diuretic)
Requip
Savella
Aricept (dementia)
SinemetCR
Comtan
CLonozepam
magnesium/Zinc
Potassium
B complex

All these meds....all at the same time

withdrew from requip and is now on the following

SinemetIR 25/100 2pills 4x day
Aricept (awaiting decision on that)

Potassium, magnesium and Bcomplex are waiting for blood work on the 20th

15 meds.....reduced to basically 2 plus vitamins and minerals....

Those that have known me, know I don't believe in stages but he wasn't bedridden..but...if I went by stages he was in 4...and now is back to maybe 2.....

Again check about the drugs...we have had so many issues because of one drug that was overprescribed....

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you