For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic P's Just Diagnosed 1 Wk Ago-When Will Meds Take Effect? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By NE Caregiver On 2012.06.26 10:51
Parkinsons just diagnosed one week ago. Symptoms severe. Twisted body at waist. Body & head tilt. Slow gait. How long does it take for meds to help with these issues? Patient sees neurologist in 3 weeks. Is it normal to wait that long to determine if dosage is correct? Will be starting physical therapy soon. Will these symptoms go away? This is all new to me. I will be primary caregiver but don't live with individual with P's. Thank you.

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.06.26 14:17
Hi and welcome to the forum, lots of questions which is normal however not much information to go on to answer. Was diagnosis by Neurologist? Is neurologist for second opinion and on going treatment? What is the medication (really surprized at starting medicine right at diagnosis). A little more information would be helpful in answering your questions if you're comfortable in devulging a bit more, however this is a public forum and open to the public to view. If you aren't comfortable in giving more info out that's understandable. You can always email me at LOHENGR1N@aol.com if you want to ask anything privately.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you