For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic move Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LotsaBob On 2012.07.05 05:50
Well, Sally and I made the big move last week from Redding, Ca. to Lindsborg, kansas. It was 111 degree's when we got here last Wed. and it has been 105 degree's and higher ever since. I forgot how hot it can get out here. The heat really knocks the "crap" out of me everytime I go outside.
Sally says she has noticed a big change in my personality lately. I have'nt though. Could she be right and me wrong? What do I have to look forward to?

By caregiverof1 On 2012.07.05 18:41
My husband also shows a personality change when the weather is super hot. We have been in a heat wave the last 8 days in the Washington, D.C. area and it is knocking him for a loop. The weather definitely affects him especially the heat!

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.07.05 19:16
This is another reason we have to keep hydrated. If you think about our medication being tuned to our bodies. Each individual one of Us if we dehydrate it upsets the balance of our medications and how they work in us. Living with Parkinson's Disease is said to be like constantly exercising. Either the constant movement or the extra effort to move with rigidity and poverty of movement. It is likened to moderate exercising and all the warnings in heat are if you are going to exercise do so with caution and in the early morning or late evening when temps are cooler. We with Parkinson's can't do this We cannot live only in the early morning and evening! (Other than movies, TV and story books that kind of living doesn't exist) So keep hydrated out there! And extra caution when trying to go about daily tasks! Take it extra easy! Take care, best of luck and hang in there!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you