For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic New Phase Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By cmonge On 2012.07.08 22:26
My husband is in phase 3. He recently began falling-he fell 4 times this last week when we were on vacation. His shuffling is getting worse as is his memory. Does this mean he is moving into phase 4?

By parkinit On 2012.07.08 23:23
I reread some notes sent three years ago and I believe, mentally, he may have been worse then than he is now. With periodic med adjustments things may be improved or corrected. Eventually, it will get worse. My spouse is in stage 4, and in some ways he is more lucid that he was back in 2009, but his physical abilities have dramatically declined.

I would see if adjustments can be made to his meds to correct the issues he is currently experiencing.

By cmonge On 2012.07.09 09:17
My spouse is unable to take any meds. He has had horrible reactions to all of them (he is bipolar as well). He will have to go med free for the rest of his stages. He had DBS but even with adustments his movements still decline as well as his memory.

By parkinit On 2012.07.10 22:37
Wow. That is tough. I know my PWP would be in much worse condition without the Meds.

I know some people don't like to classify, but I would say heading to stage 4 is a likely possibility.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you