For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Medical apathy? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2012.07.16 11:07
In a previous post, it was mentioned about the battery of tests that we go through because we need to make sure "it is not the PD."

More and more, this becomes difficult. We have noticed that the ambulance doesn't come as quickly and that the attendants aren't as "urgent" anymore. This is my fear, too, that there may be a serious medical event and because we've called the ER for so many things - mostly falls that result in trauma to the head and lots of blood loss - that they have apathy toward us when they take our calls or treat my spouse in the ER.

Does anyone else feel this or has experienced it?

By mylove On 2012.07.16 15:29
YES. Short answer.

Do you ever feel like there's a note in the file or something?

By seawench On 2012.07.16 18:28
We are fortunate - We have two friends (they are married to each other) that are crew on a local ambulance company. We claim each other as family and so they are who I call when I need transport. They not only give us top notch treatment but they are there for me as moral support.

Imagine the ER Nurses's surprise when I'm hugging the Paramedic and Ambulance driver and promising to call them and tell them how it went.

We also attend a small regional VA Hospital where the Neurologist is very well thot of by the staff so at this point we aren't getting any lack in treatment.

However when we were in the regular health care system it was a totally different story and you should see some of the notes they wrote about me. I went down to the records deptartment and photocopied 180 pages of notes to take to the VA and to prep for a lawsuit so I got to read everything - p*ssed me off royal -their arrogance.

Seawench

By parkinit On 2012.07.18 16:20
seawench - I'm curious about your experience with the VA. We could easily go that route, but have been holding out because our neurologist here would prescribe meds that the VA couldn't provide.

I'm wondering if we should go all VA.

May I ask you more about this offline?

By seawench On 2012.07.19 11:27
Sure - you can e-mail me @ seawench7@comcast.net or call me. I'll provide the # in an e-mail.

We don't have any other options other than the VA but they are the ones who saved his life and found the two rare diseases he had and didn't just check his problems off to depression. We also have thevery sweetest Neurologist who "gets" him and cares for me too.

Seawench

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you