For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic u-step walker Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Marie On 2012.08.03 11:37
Can anyone give me some info on the u-step walker with the laser lite? It seems good but I'd like some feedback on it if possible. Thanks

By parkinit On 2012.08.03 21:44
I would suggest searching this forum for past discussions on U-steps. There are several.

By susger8 On 2012.08.04 06:29
Yes, there are several discussions of the U-Step that might help you. I got one for my father, and it's a great walker. It turns easily and is very stable. I also liked the fact that if you let go the brake handles, the brakes are automatically applied, so if the walker starts to get away from the PWP, it quickly is stopped. I did get the laser line, but my dad's vision was too poor for it to be useful to him.

On the downside, it is heavy, and it's not so easy to fold and put into a car. But we got some feedback from the manufacturer that they are improving the fold-ability. It is expensive, but covered by Medicare and insurance.

Really, I wish I had gotten one sooner. My dad didn't really get much use out of his U-Step, because he progressed to using a wheelchair soon after we got the walker.

If you lhappen to live in NJ, I need to find a new home for my dad's U-Step.

Sue

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you