For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Not another life lesson! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2012.08.04 17:41
It's not such a big one, but thought I'd share this tip. The other day we were out and as luck would have it, my husband FORGOT his pill box and of course needed to take a dose while we were out. I realized that all my anger, frustrations (how could he leave the box at home, knowing he has to have it with him at all times, etc.), angst, and irritation could have been so easily prevented if I simply kept a dose of his meds in MY purse for just such occasions.

I'm going to get a small pill box that can hold just a dose of all his meds so we no longer have this issue. Most of you have probably been doing this for years, but I had no idea!

By JBehler On 2012.08.05 22:29
Yes, keeping a dosage on hand has saved us many times. We keep a pill box of meds in the glove box of each vehicle

By barb On 2012.08.06 10:15
We did that but then I read that keeping meds locked in a hot car quickly destroys the potency. Now I just keep them in my purse.

By moonswife On 2012.08.06 10:29
We also have found an airtight container that goes on a key ring to store a few sinemet 25 in. Neuro suggested if pills not working and needs to walk immediately, take an extra, chew and swallow with carbonated beverage. Has saved the day many times.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you