For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic incontinence-how fast does it progress? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Reflection On 2012.08.05 21:23
are we talking weeks? months? years?
My loved one has had occasional "incidents" starting 8 months ago, but the incidents are becoming more frequent - though not consistent. I'd be interested in the experience of others.

By parkinit On 2012.08.08 10:43
As you are aware, each person is different, but for us, after the "leaks" started, it was about 2 years before we went full-time to the paper briefs.

By Reflection On 2012.08.08 21:19
thank you for your reply. It is so hard to know what to expect.

By Laurel On 2012.10.13 02:53
and we're at least six years from the onset of the leaks and there's been no progression... Good luck!

By Laurel On 2012.10.13 15:10
[this is me swearing]

This morning, after I read the incontinence postings last night, my husband had his first bout with sleeping incontinence. Luckily he woke up before it got too bad, but we're both afraid it's the beginning of a trend.

He's so embarrassed and so scared. And there's nothing I can do but be supportive. I can't imagine ...

[I'm swearing again.] We've only been together for seven years and we're being robbed of so many life experiences. As someone mentioned in another thread, we're having to throw a lot of world travel plans out the window. (Although we are going to Hawai'i next month!) He's agreed, if we do manage other overseas trips where a lot of walking is required, to use a wheelchair. He's ambulatory, but gets so tired (PD? obesity?)

By parkinit On 2012.10.13 22:45
Laurel -

I'm sorry to hear of this.

The exhaustion could be attributable to both obesity and PD, I'm sure. It's really hard to know what is PD and what is something else sometimes. And you find that doctors want to attribute everything to PD.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you