For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Parkinson's Humor Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By karolinakitty On 2012.08.25 23:50
On a different topic....

There is a woman we know quite well who lives in Yuma, Arizona...she is quite well known in the Parkinson's world as YumaBev....she created a blog over a year ago and several years ago started writing the lyrics for songs already having music relating to PD
her you tube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bribaudo1

she has an awesome sense of humor about this disease and recently wrote a book using her blog....THe book is called:
Parkinson's Humor: Funny Stories about My Life with Parkinson's Disease

If any of you are interested in getting this as a gift for your Parky I guarantee you/they will have a good laugh...the book is $10 plus shipping and all proceeds go to Parkinson's....both her support group and foundations for research.

Here is a link to get the book:

https://www.createspace.com/3950530?ref=1147694&utm_id=6026

OR to get the book directly from her you can email her at: yumabev@gmail.com

If you get the book via emailing her she will sign it for you!!!!!

By Laurel On 2012.10.15 14:58
Thanks, 'kitty!

I've already been in touch with her and will be buying her book today. (Directly from her, of course!)

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.10.15 15:38
KK, Is this the book that all proceeds will go to the foundation or org that You, Jim and others are setting up? If so perhaps you can explain what it will be doing for patients and spouses, caregivers/partners? Procedes will go to Parkinson's is broad and from what you told me you have some good ideas and aims others should know about. Sincerely Al

By karolinakitty On 2012.10.15 21:24
Will do LO...I'll do it in a separate post..

Bev was giving all proceeds to the big guys..MJF on Tuesdays..she called it Fox Tuesdays...then the other ones..NPF...APDA....PAN and PDF the others...

She has now switched all of that and is contributing to our foundation called PANDA...Parkinson's Assistance Network, Directory and Alliance...

Like I said I will give more info in another post here..

Sorry I didn't get this sooner I have been a very busy girl!!! lol

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you