For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic New here Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By sheropesem On 2012.09.24 23:43 [Edit]
Hello there, my name is Robyn and my husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's a little over a week ago. He is 47, I am 38 and we have 2 children, 14 and almost 11. ( wow, how did that happen? Lol)
I'm really glad to have found this forum. I have so many questions and not so many answers just yet. We are a little unique, I think....my husband so far is declining to take any medication. We are and have been very much purists in our eating/living habits and he just isn't ready for that. We are going to the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas and feel very blessed to have found such a wonderful place to go. Brian has pretty bad tremors in his left hand and muscle spasms in his left leg.
I am sorry in advance for rambling....my heart is broken, and it's awesome to have found a place where others understand. I look forward to "meeting" you on this journey.

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.09.25 08:19
Hi Robyn, and welcome to the forum, there are a few of Us here with early on set. We're here to help any way we can. Again welcome to the forum. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By mylove On 2012.09.25 17:31
Hi Robyn! My husband is early onset as well. My kids are older (just got the last one off to college) but there are a few here with young kids too (look up Lurkingforacure). My husband also posts here as Shakydog. I wish I was welcoming you for pleasant reasons but - alas - PD stinks! But this place is wonderful; an oasis in the wild and wooly sea. Welcome and I hope we can help!

By packerman On 2012.10.01 14:36
Welcome Robyn.
my husband was diagnosed at 38 and has probably had it for at least 20 years.
he is now 55 and is doing well, considering.

we also went thru the denial and heartbreak of diagnosis.
our kids were 9, 7 & 2 when he was diagnosed.
it does take its toll on your family life.

you have found a good home here.
read up and vent whenever necessary.
hugs,
Pat

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you