For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Bad last couple of days Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LotsaBob On 2012.11.01 23:39
Late tuesday morning I started to feel kinda wierd. I was having a hard time breathing and I felt like I had a ton of bricks sitting on my chest and I had broken out in a cold sweat and feeling clammy. I asked Sally if she would take me to the emergency room at the hospital here in Lindsborg, ks. They took my blood pressure and it was really low. I had know idea what was going on. I was out of it and my wife said that I was having a seisure or freezing. Sally told them that I had parkinson's and if it could have anything to do with my condition. They kinda blew her off. Well, to make a long story short it was was determined that I had phemonia(sp), but they did monitor my heart all night. Got home yesterday about 1PM. Scared the hell out of me..........

By lurkingforacure On 2012.11.02 09:11
So sorry to hear this, I am glad you are home now. Rest and try to relax :)

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.11.02 15:50
Bob, You and Lotsofpies keep an eye on that pneumonia! Maybe a speech therapist or nutritionist could help with the mechanics of swallowing for you? You don't want to start having that showing up. Make sure Your Neurologist knows about it and keeps tabs on it. Your Neuro might have some suggestions about helping with it too! Take care My friend!

By parkinit On 2012.11.02 21:05
Bob,
That would be scary. I'm glad your Sally is there to take good care of you!

Take care of yourself.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you