For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Did you have a baby in a tree after nearly drowning? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2012.11.07 18:46
MJ Fox was on the Katie Couric show today. After I just posted about my feeling depressed today, I tried to think of something to lift my spirits (and I hope many of yours). I recalled something MJ Fox said he always tells his kids when they come to him with a problem. He started with this story . . .

There was a lady in Zimbawbe who was about to drown due to a flood and grabbed a tree limb while being swept away in the flood waters. She pulled herself out of the flood waters, climbed a tree and delivered her own child while in the tree! So, when MJF's kids come to him with problems, he would say, "Is it worse that the pregnant lady in the tree?"

So I have to say to myself, "No, my problems aren't as bad as that pregnant lady in the tree!" :)

By mylove On 2012.11.08 00:26
LOL You got me on that one! (Or shall I say, he got me!) I'm going to have to remember that piece of perspective.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you