For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Exercise by 70-year old PWP Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2012.11.14 08:27
This is very inspiring and encouraging...lwish I could make my husband do this but he just won't....I credit him for taking walks, which is something, but he really needs to do these other things as well...maybe when he gets to be as bad off as the lady in the article he'll have that "ah ha" moment, I hope. Here's the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/outwest/ci_21982468/teacher-knows-firsthand-exercise-helps-people-parkinsons-disease

By WifeofPWP On 2012.11.29 11:07
My husband has Parkinson's & joined a gym within 2wks of the diagnosis - it really increases his quality of life. He has a trainer that challenges him, but any type of exercise is vital for PWP. He's been going strong now for 5ys.

By Lynnie2 On 2012.12.10 12:13
I have the same problem with my husband. I've told him that he needs to do exercises to help the stiffness and other things because I don't want him to get worse. He says he walks, but he doesn't walk a lot and now the weather is too cold for walking around the block. We can walk in a church gym if I could only get him to go.

I had been going swimming and would love for him to come too. He also has problems with an ankle where his foot turns over, so it's a little hard to walk on the deck. I will try again to get him to go when I start back.

He also needs to do exercises for his posture as he is bending more I notice.
Why are some men so stubborn when he comes to looking after themselves? I know some do but in my case he doesn't help himself and I am frustrated thinking about his future. He's only 64 so he has a lot of years left.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you