For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Easy clean toilet! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By carman96 On 2012.11.16 07:01
We had a new toilet installed and it is much easier to clean than the old ones. The seat is higher also. What makes it easier to clean is the bottom of the toilet has strait sides! I always hated having to clean around all those curves at the bottom. Now I just wipe it clean quickly. Also the toilet seat clicks off easily so you can clean underneath or you could even hose the seat off if you had a really big mess!
We had an earlier thread all about toilets so thought I'd tell you guys about this. If you are in the market for a new toilet look for these features. Got it at Lowes.
Also I just got one of those things you install on the toilet with the arms on it. My husband fell off the toilet in the middle of the night and couldn't get up. He said he laid there for an hour. Luckily our friend who is staying with us realized he'd been in the bathroom a long time and rescued him. Hubby had his legs pressed against the door but finally could move them enough so our friend could get in and help him up. I slept through the whole thing!!
Anyway my husband said the arms on the side of the toilet really helps. He also has a bad back so needs the support.

By moonswife On 2012.11.16 20:25
Carmen this sounds like a good thing to have. What does Lowes call this toilet. I looked at their website and could not find it.

By carman96 On 2012.11.17 00:26
It's called Everclean by American standard. Just google that instead of looking on the Lowe's site and it will give you the information on the American standard site.

By parkinit On 2012.11.17 18:10
Good info. Thank you.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you