For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic For lurking & anyone else with young children Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By karolinakitty On 2012.11.17 12:56
I haven't been around much ..very busy with our foundation P.A.N.D.A. BUT

I wanted to contact you lurking...We recently found a very good children's book about PD...It's called "Who is Pee Dee"

lurking I would like to send you a book if I may....I know how you have struggled in telling the children and that they know now BUT this gives a good perspective for kids..and while it looks really simplified for children it also is great for family and friends who don't understand it.

lurking if you could email me at:
pandaboots4u@gmail.com with your address so I can mail you one...put caregivers forum in the subject please...

If you want to check this book out it is on amazon....but we also have it in our bookstore...

By lurkingforacure On 2012.11.18 08:42
Thanks although we already have this book. What I've realized is that kids, like us, come to terms with this disease in stages and phases and each in his or her own way. Our oldest is sympathetic at times but then can snap and recently has made some not-so-kind and very uncharacteristic remarks (not so much what is said, but how it is said), it's hard to watch because you totally understand how they feel.

I so appreciate your gesture, though, you are so kind to think of us when you have so much on your own plate :)

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you