For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic I am so sad Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By chroop67 On 2012.11.26 12:54
My wonderful mother is having a rapid mental decline, yes they are testing for infection, but dementia has been an issue for years now. She is forgetting names of family and often speaks of past events as though they have just happened. Today she called and wondered why dad never visits, he passed 3 years ago. She hung up then called back saying that I don't sound like her daughter and that she needs her daughter. I am so sad for her, this is not living. I don't live nearby , we moved this past spring, and I feel bad that I am not able to go and comfort her. She has amazing care where she lives, that's why we did not move her with us. She is 80 and doesn't want to live anymore, hopefully this nightmare will end for her before too long......

By lurkingforacure On 2012.11.26 18:34
I'm so sorry. I've posted before about my own mom and it is the hardest thing. I cried every day, much of the time. For what it is worth, a few weeks after my mom passed away, I was watering our flowers with a spray hose in our yard and a gorgeous hummingbird came up to me, darting in and out of the spray, even hovering a few feet away from me as I stood, spellbound, watching. He/she would fly to a nearby branch, fluff, and then come back, watching me and almost daring me to move, then he would hover some more in the water mist.

My mom loved hummingbirds, and for some reason, I believe that that little bird not two feet from me that day was my mom in some form, telling me that all was well and it was OK. I still cried, because I miss her so and her hard life was cut short and she is missing out on her grandchildren, and it sucks, but somehow it brought me a lot of peace. Painful peace, but peace nonetheless.

I hope peace finds you as you journey down this path.

By parkinit On 2012.11.27 22:50
Lovely story, lurking. Thanks for sharing it here. We need those inspirational, uplifting stories more!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you