For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Pisa syndrome or Lewy Lean-anything help? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Reflection On 2012.12.13 23:26
My loved one is tilting over more to the right when walking - his torso slants right from his hips. It's getting worse - it used to be subtle, now it's getting more obvious.
He tilts to the right sitting as well.
This photo shows what I'm talking about:
http://drugline.org/img/term/syndrome-pisa-14545_1.jpg

Has anyone had success with any exercises or other ways to lessen this?
He has balance problems, and I'm afraid his tilting posture might make him fall more often.
Also, if anyone else has experienced this - how did it develop over time? Did it come and go, or once it develops, is it likely to stay?

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.12.14 15:30
Sounds and looks like Dystonia or a form of Dystonia from the picture.

By parkinit On 2012.12.14 22:36
My spouse has this and it appears to come and go. I've literally pulled him back up and he said, But it feels comfortable to lean to the right (and it is always the right for some reason). The nurse mentioned today that he appears to be sitting up erectly again... Why, yes he is! It does seem to come and go, though. I cannot make any connection as to when or why it comes and goes.

By Reflection On 2012.12.15 09:31
Thank you so much for your replies.
I can't quite figure out whether to chill out and not worry about this, or to try to figure out if anything helps.
It looks like it would be painful, maybe bend the spine - but if he's more comfortable tilting over, perhaps it's benign. So hard to know. So thank you.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you