For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Ties Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Lynnie2 On 2012.12.16 15:04
Lately my husband has had problems tying his ties whenever he puts on his suit for church. It's not only the stiffness, but the memory how to tie it.
Last week he was getting so frustrated and tired that I said to just go without the tie for once and open the top button. I couldn't help at that point and he couldn't tell me how to do it and I didn't know how to tie it.
Later that week I went on a website to learn how to tie ties. Today when he was getting ready, he had problems again, so I came to the rescue and tied it for him which made him very happy.

Maybe some of your spouses have had this problem and hopefully you were able to help. The website is a video, so it's really easy to learn.

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.12.16 17:04
Lynnie2, Another thing you might want to try is to tie them when feeling up to it then just loosen them up to slip over his head (you don't have to completely untie them to take them off) them when he needs one he can slid it on pull it to snug it up and the problem is solved. Just hang them on a coat rack or hangers in the closet.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you