For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Merry Christmas! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2012.12.24 23:22
In less than four hours, it will be Christmas here in California. While this Christmas season has not been our usual one, we are coping with PD, and it is still working.

We drove the four hours to our son and his girlfriend's home on Saturday, had an early Christmas yesterday with them, their two kids, and our grandson and his Mom and Dad...drove home today and tomorrow we have Christmas with our grandson and his Mom and Dad.

I am washing and folding clothes, while my husband is finishing up prep for tomorrow's dinner...Al, I am leaving him alone, although I WANT to go downstairs to check on him...I am letting him do as much or as little as he can, then will help him in the morning.
We are making turkey pot pies and I am making Giada's bread pudding with Amaretto sauce...not the traditional turkey, because we already did that at my son's home.

As I listen to him tinkering in the kitchen, I am struck by how long it it taking and wondering if he will be able to shred the turkey next year. Who knows? We will do something different next year if it comes to that.

I have been reading a lot of posts lately that I find extremely sad, because it seems that the hope and joy of this season is lost within the course of PD. I am an optimist, but also a realist. I don't believe in false hope, but I do believe there IS hope. I know that PD will worsen and he will become not the man with whom I fell in love. But, whenever I think about it, I realize *I* am not the same person, either.

So, I want to wish anyone who reads this joy...in the little things that make you smile, joy in a child's laughter, and joy in this season...

Somehow, life goes on. It may not be the life for which we planned, but life none the less. As long as we are alive, we have hope. And, with hope comes great love.

May you find solace in knowing that you are loved and cherished, even if the one you love is unable to reciprocate in a way you desperately need...look into his/her soul...and you will see yourself...the love is, and always will be, there...I need to believe that...I hope you find it too...

Merry Christmas to you all, Jane

By LOHENGR1N On 2012.12.25 08:47
Well said Jane, well said! And a very merry Christmas to You and Your's! Also to My whole forum family! Merry Christmas! Sincerely Al.

By parkinit On 2012.12.27 12:09
Jane, Thank you for such sweet, loving, kind words!

and a Happy New Year, too!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you