For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic A BRIGHT note: Congratulations to Michelle and Ben! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2013.01.14 19:37
These two wonderful people are getting married VERY soon, and I think they deserve our congratulations! Shakydog and MyLove, I wish you well and much happiness!

Love always, Jane

By Reflection On 2013.01.14 21:50
Wonderful news - so glad for you. Congratulations!

By carman96 On 2013.01.14 22:17
Best wishes to both of you!

By mylove On 2013.01.14 23:07
Thanks, all! :) We're hoping to have a well-rested, well-medded, low key happy day! Five wonderful years... the beginning of many more.

By parkinit On 2013.01.18 20:06
Congratulations. You are a special lady and he is a lucky man!

But he knows that from what I've seen here! :)

By lurkingforacure On 2013.01.18 21:43
So happy for you, both of you:) I hope you have many, many wonderful years together.

By jcoff012 On 2013.01.20 10:55
You are almost married! Have fun in the hottub! lol...Thinking of you both and hoping this joyful day is the beginning of a wonderful life together! Love always, Jane

By mylove On 2013.01.20 22:08
We have a name change! :-D

It was a wonderful day. We did the best we could to keep it low key, but weddings being what they are, it was still an event! We had all of our immediate family there, and some beloved friends. We had a quick and beautiful ceremony, followed by some light refreshments while we did photos, then some guests came back to our place for a potluck dinner. We had one misstep when we discovered that we'd been so busy we'd forgotten to make the pasta salads, but one incredible friend made two huge salads, came in and dropped them off in our fridge while we were at the ceremony! Talk about amazing!

I'm still speechless. It was everything we had wished for and more. The kids pitched in (with a few sibling squabbles, of course. LOL) and really made everything special.

As we expected, he did wear out about halfway through the event. Luckily we'd gotten through the ceremony and through most of the photos we wanted before we needed to go home so he could rest a bit. The great thing was that we got all of the brothers together for a group photo, which is an infrequent event!

Our officiant was a family member. We expressed the thought when we talked to her about how we wanted our vows to read that the 'in sickness and in health' part was very significant for us. She performed a beautiful ceremony for us and there were few dry eyes in the place, mine included.

The lines that resonated so much for me were these from the blessing: "We wish for you a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you joy and zest for living, that provides you with energy to face the responsibilities of life. We wish for you a home--not just a place of stone and wood, but an island of sanity and serenity in a frenzied world. Finally, we wish that at the end of your lives you will be able to say these two things to each other: Because you have loved me, you have given me faith in myself. And because I have seen the good in you, I have received from you a faith in all humanity."

Tonight we're lounging around in our pajamas, noshing on leftover buffet and savoring the silence of a house with less guests in it. I'll be going back to work tomorrow a wife, and I couldn't be happier. Thank you for all your kind wishes!

By mylove On 2013.01.20 22:09
Oh, Jane - forgot to add - we were so tired by the time we got back to the hotel room that we admired the hot tub from the big fluffy king bed! It never did get used! LOL

By jcoff012 On 2013.01.20 23:29
Rest well, tonight, Mr. and Mrs.!!! How wonderful. May your lives together be as lovely as you both are. You bring joy and courage to the board and we all wish you well.

Sounds like it was everything you wanted, sans the hot tub! (At least it wasn't the less than memorable hot tub experience I had years ago!

Can't wait to hear more...hugs and love to you both, Jane :)))

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.01.20 23:32
Congrats you Two? One? Which is right now? I guess it's both Two becoming One! We need joy such as this! Thanks!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you