For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Spammer here? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2013.01.19 07:41
Someone has posted the exact same post on the last four threads and it is annoying and heartless. The post has nothing to do with the thread that I can see. I don't know that it even has anything to do with PD.

How can we protect our forum from this? The poster links to some website so I think it's an attempt to direct traffic over there. Some forums won't let you post a link until you have a certain number of posts or have been a member for a certain time, do we need to ask for that here?

By jcoff012 On 2013.01.19 11:33
Lurking, which posts? I went through several and don't see the link you mention.

By lurkingforacure On 2013.01.19 20:25
They have apparently been deleted, only one is still showing but the post shows as "deleted":

By tifenni On 2013.01.19 01:59

[deleted]

It was either stream of consciousness which I did not "get" or a poem, which I also did not "get"...at the end there was a link to some website (I didnt' click on the link). I saw it three times on different posts early this morning and granted, I'm not always at my best in the mornings, but I was annoyed that someone would come onto a caregiver site and pitch something...of course, I dont' know that they were trying to pitch anything, but why post a link then?

Either way, it seems to be resolved:)

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.01.19 23:04
Lurking, When you run into stuff like that again if you click "contact" on the top of the page you can send Jim a email alerting Him to the situation so He can delete and bar them from the site. I did that this morning when I saw what you had posted. Sometimes He doesn't get to the forum right away in the morning plus it's alot to keep track of and He doesn't mind Us helping to alert Him about spammers.
Just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't know about that option for Us, thanks for alerting us all. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By lurkingforacure On 2013.01.20 08:57
Good to know, Al, thanks!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you