For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Postings by CalDoc Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jsmitch On 2013.01.23 08:30
Postings by CalDoc are part of a legitimate research project which could result in better preparing family and friends for their roles as caregivers in the future.

Please treat his questions and responses just like any other member of our community.

Thanks

Jim

By jcoff012 On 2013.01.23 09:15
Jim, thank you for posting. I wasn't sure last night when I read the one. Jane

By CalDoc On 2013.01.23 18:35
Hello, I am a medical student in the University of California system.
We are working on an intake curriculum for both patients and their caregivers at the same time. Too often, a caregiver gets locked into a pattern that is defined by crisis and not planning or preparation. If a spouse or caregiver were to be screened, intake, educated as the patient diagnosis is happening, there may be a way to avoid many of the usual pitfalls that caregivers get knocked into. I was reading your forum threads and thought to ask some of the basic questions we are trying out with patients and spouses.

Thank you to the forum manager, Jim, and those who participate here.

Cal

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you