For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Al-please respond Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By dkleinert On 2013.02.04 02:16
My precious husband is so tired. The last couple of weeks he seems to have been so overtaken with PD. He is sooo tired he tells me. He isn't hungry. He is having so much trouble walking. His incontinence is such a depressing thing for him.
Al-am I not being fair to him to keep telling him not to give up? To remind him everyday to exercise? To tell him he has to try for me because I need him so much? Al he seems so fragile all of a sudden....

How does it feel from your side of things?
I am scared, Al, because he seems to be giving up. Thanks,Al for answering this post.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.02.04 08:44
D, It sounds like you've got it figured out. Sounds like He's depressed, Call His Doctor (Neurologist) and tell Them just as you've posted. The Neurologist will be better prepared to decide if it's the P.D. or his medication. Depression can and will make they Parkinson's symptoms worse. Hopefully they can get itunder control with without adding more med's.

If we think about it, incontinence can be very depressing and disturbing to the person. In early childhood such a big thing is made of potty training. "What a big boy/girl to use the potty!" "Mommy/Daddy is so proud of you!" It is drummed into us so much it lasts a life time. So when we have an accident we've ashamed. We did wrong, Mommy/Daddy wouldn't be proud of us. We're not proud of ourselves. We can't help these feelings they were programmed into us as little children. I know it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I hope this helps at least a little. And helps to put a reason as to why incontinence is so disturbing to us. Take care, best of luck and hang in there

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.04 12:16
Donna, thinking of you. Jane

By dkleinert On 2013.02.04 23:48
Thanks as always dear Al, and you too, Jane. I have fought the depression demon away from Joe for these last 8years.....will talk to his Neuro.Hugs to you both.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you