For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic carbidopa/levodopa pill size Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2013.02.12 18:06
Awhile back, Al mentioned about the pill size being smaller in Sinemet originating in China. I couldn't find the post after searching for it.

Al, what was the resolution? I believe my pharmacy is using smaller pills and it is impacting my spouse's condition. Did you demand a different supplier? Did you switch pharmacies? What was your resolution?

Thanks,

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.02.12 18:44
Parkinit, I didn't get much of a resolution. However my pharmacy did switch their generic supplier (I guess all of it comes from China) The jury is still out as I haven't got to the newer pills yet. I'm not holding much hope that it will be any different as these new ones were carried a few years ago at my pharmacy and they seemed sub-par then. Also this last rx (which I'm starting now as I was ahead a little) is the "old" pills mixed in with the "new" other brand! Which pi**es me off! Would the Pharmacist mix them like that if He was taking them? I think not! Sorry I can't give you any more info right now but when I get into these new ones I'll update everyone. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

We're all in the same game; Just different levels.
Dealing with the same Hell; Just different devils

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you