For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Weird Laugh Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By cmonge On 2013.02.12 20:20
My husband has had a few episodes with an uncontrollable weird almost Joker-like laugh that truly scares me. It's usually set off by something that isn't even funny. He doesn't even realize it's not funny or what is happening. He's had DBS. He's not on any meds. Has anyone heard of this? Someone told me it may be a type of seizure.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.02.12 23:52
cmonge, What you describe could be as simple as needing his DBS adjusted or he could be exhibiting Pseudobulbar Affect. I've put a link to a site about it below. The site has seven questions to look at and rate then discuss them with His Doctor. It also has a drop down window of underlying neurological diseases the person has, Parkinson's Disease is on that list. I think it might be worth a look see. I do hope this helps you and your husband in figuring out what is going on. Please let us know what his Doctor says.

http://www.neudexta.com/do-i-have-pba-assessment

Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

Doc Holliday: What did you ever want? Wyatt Earp: Just to live a normal life. Doc Holliday: There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it.

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you