For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic I Got Excited Too Fast Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Trusting On 2013.02.15 21:40
I just wanted to let you know that I posted about a month ago about how good my husband with PD was doing. I had really worked on nutrician and thought it was helping. He really was doing so good that he actually had pep in his step and just seemed like everything was great.

After I posted he drove to his own doctor appointment about 20 miles away. He hardly drives anymore but that day he was doing exceptionally well. On his way home he stopped by his brothers house and visited then went to visit with a friend. The next day he was back down and hasn't had the same pep since. I realize he probably got over stimulated and that we will have to keep him on a more normal schedule. Of course I'm dissapointed and have beat myself up thinking if only I had driven that day maybe he would still be doing good.

By carman96 On 2013.02.15 23:14
Sorry that happened. Don't beat yourself up about it. This damn disease is so unpredictable. I know when my husband feels good and overdoes it he is pooped the next day and sleeps a lot. Other times he has a bad day with no reason. It seems like every day is different. At least your husband can still drive and can have a little independance.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.02.15 23:43
Trusting, Please don't beat yourself up over this. Good nutrition does and will always help. The driving I don't think tired Him out as much as I think it was a placebo effect. Many times an exercise or change in foods, just the act of being pro-active, doing something to combat the affects of disease can make Us feel better. A few days, a couple of weeks or a month or two and then we're back to the same old self. It can even seem we're worse just because we were doing so good. I do applaud you for posting this and letting us know. Many times in many forums or boards some will post about how well they or their loved one is doing by changing this or trying that then never let others know it didn't keep working letting them think it still was working. I'd say keep the nutritional changes going as I said good nutrition helps all. Again thank you for this posting. Don't be too hard on yourself we're all still learning and trying the best we can to make our lives better and easier for all involved. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.16 11:28
Trusting, Please take care of yourself; don't let this get you down (I know, easy to say). You are here with friends who completely understand how you feel. We all wish you well and are glad you posted. It reminds us of how fragile the course of this disease can be. Enjoy and cherish the good days. Thank you for sharing. Love and hugs, Jane

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you