For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic some encouraging news-basic research on the brain Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Reflection On 2013.02.18 08:08
I think this is very encouraging.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/science/project-seeks-to-build-map-of-human-brain.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130218&_r=0

I think the understanding and treatment of PD is still quite primitive - throw dopamine at the problem, disregarding neurodegeneration, imbalances of other neurochemicals.

This gives me hope. It'll take awhile, but at least it's progress.

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.18 13:19
Wow! Great news! I hope for all of us, this is something that takes off and is funded!

Allow me an example...Fifty years ago, my oldest brother was dx with Hodgkins and we were told that only 5 percent of those with the disease would live. He did not. NOW, after better treatments, better and earlier detection, Hodgkins is exactly the opposite dx...ninety five percent are alive after treatment!

I think of those statistics every time I hear about new research to treatments for PD. keep your hope alive!

Hugs and love, Jane

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you