For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic OK...Pay It Forward... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.18 22:53
As I was shutting down the computer tonight, it occurred to me (well, to be honest, CARMAN made me aware this might be needed from another post!...)...How about taking a second to pay it forward...give someone a hug...you never know when it is needed or will brighten someone's evening...Let's see how we do....

To (((((((((((((MyLove aka Michelle)))))))))))))

for your love of ShakyDog and your bright, happy thoughts! Jane ;)

By mylove On 2013.02.18 23:17
I'm in! To Lurking, who keeps plugging away with research and suggestions to try to keep her husband going, even while she struggles to 'single parent' her young kids. She's keeping the light on for her family and the group. Stay strong, girl!

((((((((((((((Lurkingforacure)))))))))))))))))))

By lilflower On 2013.02.18 23:25
I'm pretty new here but I'd like to say God Bless us one and all, our loved ones with Parkinson's and all the loving caregivers in their lives.

By lurkingforacure On 2013.02.19 09:05
Oh I am so touched, thank you very much, and I really needed this today:) I wouldn't even know who to pay it forward to, as everyone here is so wonderful, but if I had to, absolutely had to choose, I pay it forward to Al, who gives us such great insight, and who journeys alone on this path (welll, maybe not quite so alone, with his Great Dane by his side!), with such grace, thank you Al, you are very appreciated, hugs, lfac

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.19 09:13
OK, another one...

To (((((((((((((Lilflower)))))))))))))

Welcome! We laugh, cry, vent, and even fight, but we all want the same thing...a cure!

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.02.19 14:50
Thank You lfac, My hug can't be narrowed to 1 so it goes to everyone, patient, caregiver/partner present, past and future. Also a wish for all; May you be blessed with great traveling companions as I have been upon this journey through Parkinson's Disease. Truly it would be a sad lonely journey without you all.

By carman96 On 2013.02.21 00:13
Thanks to everyone. I've really learned a lot here and don't feel quite so alone anymore.
And thanks to Jane for the hugs!

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.21 09:18
Carman, you are very welcome. Don't we wish we all could do them in person? Bet we would cry together, have long talks together, and best of all, LAUGH together!

Want to know something? I am getting ready for my own checkup tomorrow morning. Like Carl, my husband says, at least with PD and being on meds, he doesn't get worried about HIS checkups, like I do mine! LOLOLOL It's all been good and hopefully, after tomorrow will be six years cancer free!!!

It will be!

Again, BIG HUGS to all, Love, Jane

By carman96 On 2013.02.21 09:28
Jane
Congratulations on 6 years cancer free! Hugs to you too!

By dans316 On 2013.02.21 09:38
Jane,

Hugs and Prayers for a good checkup tomorrow. My wife, June, had a mastectomy in 2009 and has had good checkups ever since although a couple of scares:)

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.21 09:50
Thank you both, and to others who wished me well...just wanted to make you smile...I have only had two scares, but that's life! Replied to you elsewhere, Dan...you are special and I am glad you are posting...tell June we all said hello.

By karolinakitty On 2013.02.21 22:02
Pay it forward....

In the beginning of our journey here there were so many no longer with us...to those still here my hugs go to mylove, shakydog and Al.

To those no longer with us the two top ones are BobC and annwood...my hugs to BobC's family and Ann if you are out there...thank you for every encouraging word...You and Al gave me the spark to advocate!!!!!

Love you all!!!!

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.22 18:05
Hooray! Unless the tests come back with a problem, all is well! I LOVE hearing, "No evidence of disease from her machine! Lol Time for dinner on the deck, wine by the fire and a restful night! I could get use to this! Thank you for the well wishes! I am glad I am getting back to normal, so I can get ready for the PD road ahead! Hugs, Jane pS...Dan, Carl says that's the radio station he played in his office at work!...I installed the app last night!

By parkinit On 2013.02.22 19:26
Hugs to Jane for her ever-positive presence on this site. You are like a shot of adrenaline, girl! Thanks for being here to bolster the rest of us When our heads are hanging down, you jolt us to attention and say, "Pay it Forward, friends!"

Thank you and God Bless you!!

By lurkingforacure On 2013.02.22 20:30
Jane, congrats on your check-up, that is awesome! Happy celebrating:)

By carman96 On 2013.02.22 21:25
That's awesome Jane!! It must have been such a relief to hear those words

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.22 22:20
Thank you for the well wishes. I try to be positive; we certainly SHOULD be hanging our heads down with all of the sorrows in our lives these last six years, but why? I have learned that life goes on and all we can do is try, do our best, and LOVE as many as we can...nothing weird ;) lol Again, I wish you all a happy weekend...no wine, yet...tomorrow ;)

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you