For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic New symptoms what does that mean. Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By GladIhavehorses On 2013.02.20 01:03
My hubby was dx 5 years ago and has been on the same meds and had the same symptoms . He was one sided (right) mask dragging leg ect ect. Now he has noticed his two fingers on the left side have been twitching out and he says he feel internal tremors down his left leg. Does anyone know what this means? I know it means it is progressing, but is this a sign as to how fast it is going to progress from here? And what would be the next sympom to watch for . He has been making some scary mistakes like leaving the door to the fireplace open before going to bed while there was a fire still going, and today he nearly poured gaseline in a deasle tractor if I didn't stop him. It frightened him when I pointed out why I was yelling at him to stop. There has been a few other incidents that he would never have made a year ago.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.02.20 08:42
Glad, I believe you have it right it is progressing, however try not to panic. It is common for Us Parkies who present first the symptoms on one side only to in time have the disease affect the other side too. No one can tell how fast it will progress or how slow. I'd say that 5 years and now showing signs on the opposite side would be in the "normal range" (what's the normal range probably 5 to 10 years give or take.) but them some never involve both sides. What to look for next? I'd say the sides will even off or the "new" side will catch up with the first affected side then even off and slowly progress together. It is "normal" for this crazy disease. Take a breath, a few deep breaths maybe a cup of tea, try to relax and don't panic. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By GladIhavehorses On 2013.02.20 16:57
Thanks Lo, it's funny that just weeks ago we went for his 6month appointment with his Neoro and she was commenting that she was glad to see he was the same as the last appointment. Then she relayed a story of one patient that was only dx a year ago and same age suddenly dropped off the edge. So when my hubby told me of his recent symptoms I did get nervous and so did he. Thanks for being frank. we shall just wait and see and keep our fingers crossed.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you