For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic "Proof of Heaven" Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2013.02.20 20:17
This is a book written by Dr. Eben Alexander, a Harvard neurologist who had a near-death experience, for lack of a better term, and wrote about it. I'm posting about this in light of the thread about our love of our pwp. It is a very interesting read, and essentially he experienced things while his brain was technically dead, no activity whatsoever (they were monitoring him constantly on machines). There is thus really no question about whether his "experience" was just his imagination while in the coma, as has been argued, because his brain had no activity (floating in pus, as he described it, it's hard to believe he is alive)....he contends he left, had this indescribable experience, but for some reason had to come back to this life. Like most people who describe having an experience like this, he did not want to come back, he wanted to stay where he was....because of the love.

Not trying to push any agenda, and I'm not related to this guy or have anything to gain by anyone reading or buying his book (get it at the library!), I just found it very interesting, and I'll read just about anything written by a neurologist:)

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.20 22:08
Read this book all the way through a few months ago...very interesting...then, he was on tv...again, he is CONVINCED this happened...let's hope, huh? I, too, recommend the read...you will have a hard time putting it down, even if you find it unbelievable...happy reading...

By dkleinert On 2013.02.20 22:18
Did you read "Heaven is for real" by a minister who's young child died on the operating table. This book convinced me. What a joyful time it will be when our pwp are whole again and we can all celebrate! Thanks for posting. Will have to read this book!

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.20 22:20
No, Donna, but I WILL...thanks....getting a copy tomorrow!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you