For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Adult Day Programs for PWP Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By mytngenes On 2013.02.22 15:12
I'm looking for information and ideas about what's out there in the form of adult day programs for younger people with Parkinson's. By "younger" I mean under 70 years of age. What kinds of activities/programs are available to provide socialization, exercise and mental stimulation for younger people with limited medication monitoring and "care" during the daytime hours? I'm searching for something more than "card games, quilting and chair exercises". Is there such a thing?

I've been checking around in my area and cannot find anything other than "senior citizen" type centers/programs.

I appreciate any input.

By jcoff012 On 2013.02.22 17:57
Hi, I will be better to respond after next Saturday, as my husband and I are attending our local Area on Aging and community resources seminar at our Parkinson's monthly meeting. My husband is only 65 and we are the youngest couple there, so I will find out who or what is available and you can see if it applies to your area. We live north of Santa Rosa, CA.

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you