For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic anxiety attacks Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By oshroshr On 2013.03.03 23:56
Does anyone have experience or is it normal for the patient to have anxiety moments? As fine as can be expected one minute and the next totally upset.

I know this is from PD or maybe meds but how common is it? It seems to be getting a bit worse lately along with other symptoms.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.03.04 00:07
osh, yes I think we all get them I know I do. From what I've seen it is quite "normal" for us PDer's from time to time. If anxiety along with other symptoms are getting worse it might be worth writing them down and tell His Neurologist about them the med's might need to be tweaked a little? Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By parkinit On 2013.03.08 23:12
Anxiety issues come and go for us. They have been quite extreme and sometimes they are issues that we can resolve. Several times he has stated that "I think I am dying," when, in fact, he was having a very bad down cycle and then would panic, which would make the situation worse.

By lilflower On 2013.03.13 22:18
My husbands anxiety and panic issues come out of the blue sometimes I can talk him into a calm sometimes it just has to work its course and that can be tough because I feel helpless.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.03.14 00:25
lil, Yes We can and do feel helpless with anxiety attacks both the caregiver and the person having one. I don't know if this will help you or anyone else dealing with them but it helped Me understand them and understand getting over or going through them. I found if I view anxiety attacks like a case of the hives it helped me recognize what was going on and why it takes awhile to get over one. With the hives we have a reaction which releases histamines into our system they rush into the blood stream and cause welts or bumps all over. It only takes seconds or minutes for this to happen and then can take days for our bodies to get rid of it. With anxiety it is a flood of adrenalin which is released and it can take minutes to hours for our bodies to recover to "normal" levels. Which is why we have to ride it out sometimes. I found it was easier to ride it out if I could remind myself it is normal for the anxiety to linger past the attack stage and not work myself into another attack. Hope it helps some. Take care, best of luck and hang in there

We're all in the same game; Just different levels.
Dealing with the same Hell; Just different devils

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you