For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Worrying Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Lynnie2 On 2013.03.22 14:01
I am an terrible worrier and being a caregiver can sometimes get to me. Sometimes if I think too much about things that could happen, and I tend to stress over it, as to how my husband who has PD would get along if something happened to me. He is still able to do a lot of things, but over the years his ability to do things has decreased and I know because of this disease, it won't get better.

I was sick last week (I'm much better now) and talking to a friend about things. She gave me some advice, and I don't mean to push any religion on anyone as not everyone believes in God, but I'd like to give a verse from Philippians 4: 6-7 that might help some people that are worriers. I've put this next to my computer to remind myself not to worry.

Philippians 4: 6-7:
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mine can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.

LYNNIE

By trapper On 2013.03.22 17:43
I too am a worrier but I try to remember the following prayer:

The Serenity Prayer

Path
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

trapper.

By Trusting On 2013.03.22 23:29
Thanks for posting these. We all need to be reminded that we cannot control everything in our lives. God is our help and our source.

By Onedayatatime On 2013.03.23 00:41
Amen. I am also a worrier. Thank you for sharing your prayers and inspirations.

By lilflower On 2013.03.23 22:02
We start our morning with this prayer. Lord now we wake up to live, we'll give life all we have to give, if today we face a test we'll cope and pray and do our best. With each breath and step we take be with us Lord for Heavens sake. Amen

By parkinit On 2013.03.25 18:30
I'm reading a book right now about the "gifts" around us. The author made a point of thinking of and thanking God for several gifts each day. It puts you in a good frame of mind . . . a better frame of mind . . . when you remind yourself daily of the "gifts" around yourself.

For instance, mine was a warm house when it was cold outside today and hot coffee to drink. You learn to take pleasure in the little things.

By lilflower On 2013.03.26 19:18
It is so true, I'm Thankful everyday for so many things. The love of a good man and the strength the good Lord gives me everyday to handle what ever may come our way. I for sure that first cup of coffee in the morning.....

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you