For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Traveling on an airplane with incontinence Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By kathie On 2013.03.25 15:43
We are planning on going on a cruise in June. In general, cruise ships are great for helping us out.We get a handicapped room and I speak to house-keeping about getting some kind of plastic sheeting to protect the mattress. But I am concerned about the long plane ride to Amsterdam (about 7 hours) with my husband's incontinence. Has anyone else traveled with this concern? Your feedback would be most appreciated.

By lilflower On 2013.03.26 21:37
External cath with a leg bag. Can be emptied in the john easily. Hope you have a great time.

By seawench On 2013.03.27 01:50
Euro dry is an external condom cath with a small bladder that tucks in his underwear/epends. It has a valve and is easiy emptied. Very discreet as there isn't a bag following him around. We can go several hours before we have to drain and if you get creative you can access it with out him having to get up. I use a towel for screening and empty into a portable urinal if I can't get him to a restroom.
Seawench

By Rempt2 On 2013.03.27 20:36
does anyone have any ideas of what to do when there is no family rest room or unisex bathroom around? My husband needs help. I'm looking around where we live and there aren't that many. He's like to do some average things like go to a movie but there is a handicapped bathroom in the women's room and men's room. A kid you can take in either room, but an adult of the opposite sex? Thanks.

By lilflower On 2013.03.28 00:43
Thats a problem it seems everywhere. There are many of us that would love to travel more, but our situation is the same family handicapped restrooms are not out there.

By jcoff012 On 2013.03.28 09:24
My Father in law would "scout" out the bathroom first, then take my MIL into the women's bathroom. He would tell anyone that came in the situation and he said only once in 22 years did someone object to waiting five minutes. The manager told him it was fine and made other accommodations to the other woman...took her to the employee bathroom. They lived in North Carolina.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you