For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Spring has sprung! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Onedayatatime On 2013.04.06 11:37
Ahhhh.....For those of us in the south east, spring has finally arrived! Nothing like the warm sunshine to lift your spirits! Looking forward to some garden therapy. :)

By jcoff012 On 2013.04.06 13:40
We are finally getting a fair share of rain...been an odd winter..we usually DROWN in rain, but until these last few weeks it's Ben warm and dry! Have fun in the garden!

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.04.06 15:48
Grumble, grumble! Here in New England (western ma.) today 41 degrees with 15 to 25 mile per hour winds gusting 35 to 40 mph.! Bah humbug!

By Onedayatatime On 2013.04.06 22:48
Al...I planted a flower for you today, in appreciation, for sharing yourself with all of us....and because your local lawn and garden center isn't open yet ;)
All kidding aside...I am so thankful for this forum and for the compassion everyone shares.

By LOHENGR1N On 2013.04.07 16:31
OneDay, Thank You, that is so nice and kind of You. I'm thinking the weather is paying me back for my laughing this winter. In front of my home on either side of my driveway I have mounted upon a fence a flower box. Last spring I planted panseys in them, last fall I didn't get around to pulling the plants out and during this winter when the sun came out for a couple of days at a time those panseys blossomed every couple of weeks I'd have one or two blossoms out there some days ice covered! I had to chuckle as growing up sissy and pansey were interchangable. I'll tell ya pansey's are one tough flower! But I'm kinda off subject here. So thanks again Your kindness makes me smile as did those pansey faces sticking up during the winter.

By moonswife On 2013.04.07 22:18
We did the spring thing too. Planted 3 heirloom tomatoes, 2 beefsteak, 1 cherry. Next week will be a tangerine cherry and a yellow plum tomato. Peppers a week later. Eggplant tomorrow. Cucumbers for pickles we are waiting on weather. Like at least one 75 degree day to put in. All other vegetables in raised beds already. Pwp outside right now messing with weeds. Sits down, has long tool to use. Adapt, adjust, rest often. Thats the rule of thumb.

By parkinit On 2013.04.10 22:34
It's cool that many of us have garden therapy!

I have planted more parsley (I already have one bunch still growing from last year), cilantro, and lettuce.

I'll have to get a few tomato plants, too, when it is time to plant them!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you