For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in


Topic Trial transparency: petition Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2013.04.13 19:05
Did you all know that trial data and results can be manipulated? Did you know that many negative trial results are never published, ever, and a new "improved" trial is often subsequently done which results in that same drug ultimately getting approved?

Did you know that many pharmas have resisted making trial results transparent, and there is currently in the UK a huge battle, led by a PD group, going on over making trial results public, no matter the results?

PWP in the US are trying to follow this lead...if you believe that all trials should be registered, and all trial results (the good, the bad, and the ugly) reported publicly (not just to a board of directors...) then you may want to hear what Dr. Goldacre has to say (he has also written a book, but here's his video):

http://www.ted.comtalksben_goldacr....html?c=540521

Then read the petition:
http://www.alltrials.net/

Then tell everyone you know. I wonder how many drugs we currently have would have made it to market if all the trial results had been made public from the start....side effects, efficacy, etc. I read an article a few years ago that said the average efficacy rate for rx drugs was about 40%...stated another way, there is an average 60% chance a drug will NOT help, and a 40% chance it will....scary. This petition seeks to change that, among other things (better publication of side effects for starters).


© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you