For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic A high functioning alcoholic..? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Betsey Clarke On 2013.05.21 23:20
Hi, I am new to this, I always thought it would be great to honestly discuss caregiving for a really disabled Parkinsons's sufferer. I am on the end of the line, so to speak.. my husband is a stage 5 (confined to wheelchair and bed).. he has a non-conforming type of Parkinsons, and in his case, he has no tremor.... so not sure if this is typical, or not. Anyway, I like to help people in general, but am very busy.. so not sure I have the time to contribute to this blog. I have lots on my plate like lots of other caregivers... an online business, four acres, with two rentals. I still love my husband, and am giving it my best shot. Thanks for listening!

By mydear On 2013.05.22 23:41 [Edit]
Welcome and how reassuring it is to know you are engaged in an active life around the difficult challenges you and your husband must be facing at this late stage of Parkinsons. I too have an active full-time professional life and serve on a state council with expertise in working with people and issues surrounding disabilities. Parkinsons is a new journey for me, so it really helps to get outside advice and direction from veterans with experience, like yourself. Your presence will add value, even if you only check in once in a while.

By parkinit On 2013.05.23 00:14
We hope you can participate and share here. I learn so much from others and hope they may learn a bit from me.

Welcome!

By the way, why is this topic "a high functioning alcoholic?"

By Betsey Clarke On 2013.05.23 00:21
I apologize for the title. I usually have one or two glasses of wine after i feed my horses, and am cooking dinner. That night I had three, which is really too much for me. It is not typical, and felt badly that I created that title for my first blog.. For some reason it was funny at the time..:)

By carman96 On 2013.05.24 23:13
Betsey it is funny actually. Sometimes I just really need a couple glasses of wine! Don't think that really makes you an alcoholic!
You sound like you have been through a lot. My husband isn't quite that far along yet--but I know it is coming.
Thanks for joining us. I think I can learn a thing or two from you about how to cope.

By Betsey Clarke On 2013.05.24 23:20
Carmen96, thank you..! A good sense of humor really helps! It gets your thru impossible times. Good luck with your husband, and best of luck with your future.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you