For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Sleep Apnea / High Blood Pressure Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2013.05.30 09:37
The connection between sleep apnea and high blood pressure always in the mornings became a revelation to me just last night as I was reading a newspaper column of Dr. Komoroff's. My spouse was treated for sleep apnea with a CPAP machine, but he just couldn't do the mask over 5 hours and then, eventually, not at all.

Even though we were giving my spouse blood pressure pills, his BP was always extremely high in the morning and then would lower throughout the day. This was a result of his sleep apnea, but I didn't make that connection. No doctor ever shared this connection with me if they knew.

Just my "Aha" moment for the day and to share with you all. If your spouse (or you) has consistent high BP readings in the morning it could be sleep apnea (which I understand is quite common among PWP) as well as PD, etc.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.askdoctork.com/is-a-cpap-machine-the-only-treatment-option-for-my-sleep-apnea-201305294884

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you